The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Black Friday Challenge

I'm just about ready to send out my Christmas list for this year's family gift exchange. This is the first time I will be home to participate since I moved out to Washington four years ago so I'm SUPER pumped for it. This year, I'd like to make a difference and have a rockin' good time this season, because after all doesn't that sound like what Christmas is all about?? ((And don't get me wrong, I'm big into Jesus is the reason for the season too, in case there was any doubt)) So I have a suggestion on how I'm going to attempt to do just that and I'm challenging each one of you to do the same.

This year as  I head out to the stores, buy online, and shop for my most near and dear, I'm going to make sure that none of my purchases were tested on animals. I was naive once to think that just doesn't happen anymore, but the truth it does and it's sad. There is no reason for it. It is not difficult to avoid. And I was thrilled to find out my fav MAC Makeup made the list of those companies signing PETA's pledge to never test on animals. I actually had the opportunity to pet one of the Beagles rescued from a testing lab at last month's No More Homeless Pets Conference, I just sat there and told Juno, "how could anyone do that to you?" Luckily, I was able to walk away from that experience with a free shopping guide of companies that have already committed to the cause. You can sign up for one here. Now there are all other companies out there ((like Aveda)) that also marks their products "people tested" that didn't make the list so it's not complete. But at least it's a start. For the rest, find out on your own. Call those 1-800 numbers on the back of the products and ask. You can do it. Go animal testing free this Black Friday. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment