The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Creep-O!

I love my neighbors. I know most of them by name, and those that I don't know by name know my dogs by name or I know their dogs' names. For example the gal across the parking lot from me is about my age and is dating the former head coach of Spokane's AFL team. Her dog's name is Winston. He and Mister are buds. I have no idea what her name is. We say hi to each other's dogs. More than neighbors, I love my neighborhood. I live on Spokane's South Hill which is the nicest area of town. I also live in the nicest apartment complex ((at least that's what I hoping considering my astronomical rent)). Of course, by nice I mean safe. I don't take nearly the same precautions I did when living at home. Mostly because I think home is the ghetto, especially when compared to the South Hill.

It was these nice neighbors of mine ((whose names I actually know and their dog's too)) who alerted me that even the safest neighborhood in town can have a creep-o in it. I was taking the doggies for their afternoon walk when Ryan came out and told me the last two mornings at around 6:40 two different people had seen a guy dressed in all black hanging around outside our buildings. I have to be at work at 7:00 and I live 10 minutes away. One time the guy was hiding in the trees and sacred the crap out of another dog mom. The first time it was Ryan who saw him and said the guy took off when he saw Ryan and his dog Harley. WHAT!?! There went my sense of security.

I of course told my mom who was even more freaked out than I was. Then she freaked out to my aunt. Between the three of us I think we've covered the list of what to do in case of an attack. My mom suggests I carry a stick around with me and that my brother fly out here to walk me everywhere. I told my aunt I want a tazer like Pheadra from the Real Housewives of Atlanta. I'm pretty sure she's pricing them for me.

The good news is I haven't seen him, and with the neighborhood banning together and alerting everyone I think we won't have to worry about this particular creep-o too much longer. But it is a good reminder that there are creep-o's everywhere. The even better news is doggie hell really isn't the place for a creep-o to hid out. Missy barks whenever a new decoration appears in a yard. She knows her neighborhood so well. And Mister already has a fear of dudes in general. Every new guy is cause for concern to him and he barks his mean little chihuahua bark to prove it. No one is sneaking up on me with those two. I'm so thankful they are a couple of crazy barkers. Not only that, but I have no doubt that Missaroo would kill for me. And Mister, being the follower that he is, would go along with her plan of attack. I'm not leaving my security all up to them of course ((although I doubt I'm going to start carrying a tazer)) but it's nice to think dogs 1 creep-o 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment