The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mornings with Mister

Missy is my best friend, the love of my life, and the greatest dog in the whole-wide world. There aren't enough words to describe our bond. There isn't enough time either. Some people think that I play favorites and that I don't love her and Mister equally. I just tell people the difference is Missy doesn't know she's a dog. She thinks she's a person, equal to me, and Mister is our dog. Maybe I think that way sometimes too. It doesn't help that Mister has been a real pain in the bottom lately. He pooped in the house, chewed the cap to my hand sanitizer after he dug it out of my purse, and then yesterday morning he chewed my favorite pen. What a little mmmmm.... But despite all this trouble he can cause, Mister is the dog that truly completes this family.

Mister is pretty darn adorable. He's the happiest dog I've ever come across. And he is my lap buddy until the end. We have our special moments together on mornings like these. While I update all my Missaroo social media and write for the blog he's usually on my lap trying to type alongside me. Sometimes he's content to just lay on the back half of the chair while I take the front. We sneak kisses and pets without the Missaroo seeing. He sniffs my coffee and I carry him around like he's still my surgery baby. We snuggle, and he rests his tiny little head on my chest while I give his neck a good scratch. I love slow, easy mornings with Mister because these are all the things I can't do with the Missaroo.

She's too big to jump up on my lap. She hates being carried around. She's not always happy (most of the time though) and she's more interested in licking my entire face off and getting her belly rubbed than tiny moments of happiness. Missy is a big dog compared to Mister which means she needs big gestures of affection to match her size. I love Mister for his tiny gestures of love. Sometimes I need both. By giving everything I have to them, they replenish my own soul and I get everything I need to love everyday. I need both, my mornings with Mister and my nights with the Missaroo.

No comments:

Post a Comment