The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Fight the Good Fight

Two warnings about this post: First, I am about to get on my soap box. If you don't want to read about it please skip down to other posts about how adorable my two pups are. Second, this post is NOT a comment about the news report or how the story was showcased. I use to work for KREM 2 and I have nothing but respect for the product they put out on a nightly basis. The reporter, Othello Richards happens to be the best reporter I have ever had the privilege to work with. And no, this is not an attempt to give KREM.com more clicks. Without further ado please watch this.

What happened to that poor little dog was horrible. What is equally as horrifying to me is the comment made by another PET PARENT saying since the OWNER of the pitbull was irresponsible, THE DOG should DIE! WHAT!?! Pissed does not begin to describe how I feel at this moment. How could another pet parent suggest that another animal die, ever? It is the owner who is at fault. It is the owner who should be punished. Give that person a fine, take the opportunity to teach that owner how to better secure their pet. Make that owner into a better pet parent! That is what the city of Moses Lake should do. What should NOT happen is kill the dog. If I went out and hit someone with my car tonight would those same "pet parents" suggest destroying my car since I was not responsible enough to drive it? Of course not! That would be utterly ridiculous. But killing a living, breathing animal who was protecting his or her family should? The pit was probably not socialized properly, was probably not exercised enough, and was probably not trained. Do ANY of those problems sound like they were the DOG'S problem? No. Those sound like OWNER problems to me.

But what do I know? This is just the opinion of one woman. But let me ask you this: If I were to let this face down, you're telling me you'd be OK with killing her?


It is one thing to fight against society's idea of what animals are, but to have to fight other pet parents is just beyond disappointing to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment