The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Post-Op

Taking care of Mister has been harder than I thought it would be. His bandage runs all the way up his leg and has already fallen pretty far down. He has to wear a cone around his head and all of this has caused him to whine like there's no tomorrow. He's also on two kinds of medication that make his tummy a little upset. I try my best to give him a chance to walk around even if just for a few minutes a night, but even that is difficult.

I've been putting him in the bathroom with me when I get ready in the morning and close Missy out. I also lock her out of the bedroom while I'm getting dressed so Mister can wander around in there with me too. The only other times he really walks is when I take him downstairs to try and go to the bathroom. Needless to say, it has been far from fun for him.

I've also been trying to hold him when I can. I think he feels rather isolated from Missy and me most of the time. He wants so badly to be with us, but he just can't. Last night was the worst! He just whined and cried so much he woke me up three times. I tried my best to at least make him more comfortable or give him something to chew on. It was heartbreaking and annoying. I just wanted to sleep! Plus, Miss and I have already been sleeping on the couch so he won't be out in the dinning room all alone. At least he can see us from where he is in Missy's crate. It will continue on like this for the next couple of weeks. Our next vet appointment is set for tomorrow morning. We'll update you on his status then.

No comments:

Post a Comment