The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Monday, May 2, 2011

Another Day, Another Vet Visit

It was back to the vet this morning for Mister and me. I think by now he gets nervous anytime he and Missy are separated. As far as he's concerned, that's when bad things happen. Today the vet took off his bandage and his pain patch. Basically, Mister has replaced his clubbed leg for an iky one. You can see his staples. And this means no messing around. He CANNOT lick his staples. For this dog mom, it also meant a little help from the good doc. We came home with another pill bottle ((three in all)) this one labeled sedative.

I hate to drug Mister. Trust me, I do not like the fact that I have to sedate him but he can't bolt out of his crate every time I open the door. He was holding himself up on two legs and banging around in Missy's crate in the middle of the night! He's also jumped on things which is a HUGE no no for the first two weeks. I needed the sedative to help me get a better handle on him. I might ((key word might)) be better at this if I didn't have crazy Miss too, but let me tell you, no way would this be do-able if I was still working 47 hours a week. I barely slept this weekend, which is fine when you don't have to be on your A game 24/7. I remember when Miss got sick and I could barely hold every thing together, between work, pill time, and school I def didn't sleep that entire week. Waking up in the middle of the night to give her pills was horrible. I was a walking zombie and this will last more than a week.

So now Mister is taking two pills every 12 hours and another pill every 8 hours. I've also been caring him around and singing to him in my attempt to nurse him back to health. I have to take him to the bathroom separate from Missy. He also eats and drinks separately from her. And of course, the Missaroo will not be ignored. She's still getting her very own walk and lots of love and attention too. Needless to say my apartment has turned into a dog daycare and pet hospital. I'm pretty much exhausted and was thankful for my dog mom time to myself at the gym this weekend. The sedative will help make this week a little easier. But I can't tell you how grateful I am that Mister and Missy are dogs, not kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment