The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Life Saver

I know I've written about how much the Missaroo means to me before, but I think it's time to remind people. Recently, it's been harder and harder to make ends meet. Some people suggest giving up my dogs. To them I say, sure, as soon as you give up your kids. Might seem a bit extreme, so that's why I'm reminding people that it was the Missaroo that saved my life.

Before I adopted Missy, I was living an extremely lonely existence in the Tri- Cities. I hated my job and most of the people I worked with. I worked overnight and had trouble sleeping ((either too much or too little)) and the stress of it all made me cry pretty much everyday. A couple people, including my mom, recommended getting a dog. So I searched the Internet one weekend looking for a dog in need of a home. That's when I found Missy's picture and bio.

The first thing I noticed about her is that no one knew what breed of dog she was. Perfect! Because I don't care what kind of breed I adopted. I just wanted a companion who was loyal. Well that's the Missaroo. It said she liked to stay busy and be on the go but was also pretty content to curl up on your lap. She had some behavioral issues sure, but hey, she was dropped off in the middle of a town and forced to fend for herself. I think I would have issues too.

I love Missy for all of these reasons, but our bond is much stronger than that. She was literally the reason I got up in the morning. She forced me to continue to live when I wanted to give up the most. I didn't want to die, but I sure didn't want to live. I wanted to hide under the covers every moment of every day when I wasn't at work. Missy wouldn't let me do that. She even went to the extremes of pulling the covers off of me when she had to go to the bathroom and I was in one of my moods where I was felt like I was too depressed to function. She gave me hope. Something to look forward to. Something to take care of and love.

Now the Missaroo has given me a new found passion when my dream died. I want to help save other pets, not because I feel like I saved Missy's life as much as she saved mine. As for Mister, well he completes this family. He is our little buddy and I can't imagine our lives without him. Together they are what I can't live without. My life savers.

No comments:

Post a Comment