The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Being Brave

Today marks day three of the Found internship and all I can tell you is I have no idea what to expect tomorrow. After taking a few doggies out on their potty break and hanging with the cats, I was asked to run an errand. A rather LARGE errand. Meet Brave


She needed a ride to the Anti-Cruelty Society so she could get spayed. At a year and a half, she's already missed two spay appointment and had to make this one. So they asked me to hop on the Kennedy and take her downtown. It's only 20 minutes away, I was told. Yeah right. So Brave and I headed off ((in my car)) down 94 into the heart of the city. I wanted to intern at 7am for a reason, I didn't want to fight rush hour traffic. Oh well. 30 minutes later I put in a call to Found saying we weren't going to make it there by 9am, but we'd be there soon. Brave and I found the place OK but it's BIG. We parked, ran around the block, up a flight of stairs and right into the vet clinic waiting room. Did I mention I just met Brave this morning? 

Brave was such a good girl. She def lived up to her name. I was quite the hot mess by the time we signed in, but she was in pretty good shape ((minus the whole throwing up in the kennel on the way over thing)). The good news is we made it. I really hope she doesn't associate me with surgery forever! A few wrong turns later and I made it back to Found to finish up my day. What an experience! I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment