The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Finally, A Real Response

As you know, I started an email campaign shortly after I moved to Milwaukee. It started with my alderman, who never responded, and ended with the mayor. In between, I also emailed several other city leaders in several other cities on a variety of animal rights issues and will continue to do so on a need to basis. However, I say that the email campaign ended with the mayor's office because I finally received a REAL response, if not a satisfactory one. About this time last month I received A response but this time I received this:

Dear Ms. Baumann:

Thank you for contacting my office with your concerns regarding the Milwaukee Area Animal Control Commission (MADACC).  I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I am grateful for your support and commitment to our community, and I will take your suggestions into consideration.

I am dedicated to ensuring that the animals in the City of Milwaukee are safe, healthy and cared for and I commend MADACC for providing effective and cost efficient animal control services. As you know, MADACC represents 19 municipalities in Milwaukee County and their work assures temporary shelter is available, veterinary and humane care for animals in need is prioritized and a central location for owners to find and recover their lost pets is accessible to the public.

I have heard from a number of constituents who share your concerns over the future of MADACC. I want you to know that I have shared your message with the other participatory municipalities and MADACC staff. I am confident that the recently appointed Executive Director, Karen Sparapani, will demonstrate capable leadership during this transition and I urge you to welcome her perspective and continue participating in this discussion in a productive manner.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Your concern for this issue is admirable.   Please do not hesitate to contact my office with any other issues you feel merit my attention.

Sincerely,

Tom Barrett
Mayor

As far as the mayor is concerned this issue has been settled. Not so fast mayor, you forgot to mention NO KILL anywhere in your email to me. That is the issue in which I emailed you about. I am, however, extremely grateful for the email and I'm impressed I got such a long one. I've never thought the mayor was a bad guy and I still don't, just misguided and over simplistic when it comes to the issue of No Kill. And until that day of No Kill Milwaukee comes to pass emails to someone will continue. I will move from here to MADACC directly.And of course, I will keep you updated along the way. Thanks for taking this journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment