The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dog Moms Stick Together

Last night I went over to my friend Danielle's apartment to kick it after work. I was living on the edge with my three glasses of water! I'm not really sure how I made it home before midnight! What can I say? I tend to be pretty lame, but I always have a good time. Anyway, two of Danielle's other gal pals were there too. And after name introductions one of the gals asked me about my weight. Here it comes I thought, another skinny you know what joke. I've been the thin girl all my life, the skinny girl, and I'm just as self conscience about it as someone who thinks they are overweight. Apparently she was one of those people, I never would have thought that. And although it's rude to ask an overweight person how much they weigh or how they got so big, strangers have no problem asking me those types of questions the first time we meet.

After a rough start, I was determined to keep face and find something else to talk about. Turns out she's a dog mom. Before you know it we're swapping vet horror stories, tips on grooming, and of course pictures. We must have talked for an hour straight about all things dog mom related.

When it was time for me to head home to my puparoos, you know a little after 11:30 pm, she shook my hand and said it was nice to meet me. You know something, I actually believe her. Us dog moms, no matter our differences, have to stick together.

No comments:

Post a Comment