The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Great Lakes Pet Expo 2014

I spent more than two hours wandering around the Great Lakes Pet Expo at Wisconsin State Fair Park this Saturday. It was a great way to start the morning and end my weekend.  It also helped me get inspired for the blog. I’m always looking for new things to blog about and new places to take our Miss-Adventures. I loved taking it all in, from watching the rescue dog agility course and the K9 demonstrations, to listening in on a cat behaviorist and helping to salute our veterans, the 10th year for the expo was fun and friendly. I also enjoyed walking around and checking out all of the vendors. I must admit, I usually talk the most to vendors I’m already semi-familiar with thanks to Facebook; so I stopped by Central Bark, The Barking Lot, and Residents for Off-Leash Milwaukee Parks or ROMP. But I also made quick conversation with a few new vendors like Pet Journal, Petlicious, Acana, and Nutri Source Premium Pet Foods. Really these new faces, perhaps mixed in with some of the better known to me are what will inspire a series of blogs I’ll be starting.

If you follow our adventures regularly, you know that Missy has an especially delicate stomach. After years of guessing and overmedication, we finally realized it’s her diet. So now every time I head to a conference or expo, I’m always on the hunt for someone to talk to about grain free, limited ingredient treats and food. I found three such places this time around in Petlicious, Acana, and Nutri Source Premium Pet Foods. I was lucky enough to score free samples at the latter two. So my plan is to put these foods to the Missaroo test and blog about it along the way. I also want to try some of the places mentioned above as well and blog about how things go for us. I think it will be a great way to continue to share our perspective and life adventures while giving more to our readers than just another Missaroo story.

So the dogs and I are up for the challenge of trying out these products and businesses. I hope you will get a kick out of our blogs and maybe even want us to try out a product or place for you. We’d love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful time at the expo. We would just love reading about your reviews on the products you will use. Thanks for the share. Have a wonderful upcoming weekend.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete