The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Saturday, July 13, 2013

And Then There Were Two

I often feel this blog is my one woman island. I jump up and down and wave my arms for help and the people on the planes that fly overhead wave back but the planes keeps on going; and I'm still stuck on the island. Right when I start to question it all, when I realize my foster has been with me for almost two months without interest, when animals are still being viciously killed at the hands of the local shelter a single comment can keep this blog going. That comment came a few days ago from a co-worker. She said "did I tell you I'm going to foster cats through Milwaukee Pets Alive? The lady is coming over in a few hours to talk it over with me."  Wow! Someone was listening, and better yet someone took action. Someone joined me on the island.

As much as I would love to change the world, change PETA ((or better yet get rid of PETA)), and change MADACC, changing one person's world view is a pretty amazing consolation prize. My co-worker was always an animal lover and already a cat owner, but now she is a life saver! She has also saved my passion and my blog. One pet parent, one foster, one life saver at a time.... the animals and YOUR stories keep me going. WE CAN DO THIS. WE can save lives. WE can be the change we wish to see in the world.... And then there were two.

No comments:

Post a Comment