The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Thursday, October 20, 2011

No More Homeless Pets 2011

This weekend I'm in Las Vegas for the Best Friends Society's "No More Homeless Pets" national conference. I'm about 45 minutes away from checking in and I just can't wait to get started. From the time I adopted Missy Mae three and a half years ago to this moment, homeless pets really have become my passion. I'm excited for the opportunity to learn how I can save lives for the rest of mine.

I'm not sure what to expect tonight or over the next few days. I'm hoping to meet new people, learn a ton, and have fun. No matter what, I'll keep thoughts of the Missaroo and Mister too very close to the front of my mind. I wish I had enough money to rescue and care for every homeless pet in the world, but right now I can't even afford to donate a dollar every time I go to the pet store. So this is how I help: I give my time and talent instead. I give with my heart, instead of my wallet and the goal is one day to be able to do with both.

On a personal note, I was offered a news producer position in Tucson yesterday. I have until tomorrow to decide. And right now as I sit here writing this latest dog mom blog, all I can think about is this is what I should be doing with my life, not producing news. I want to help and give with my heart. I want to stretch that muscle to its limit, instead of my brain.

For some, the change of heart and career might seem strange, but only for those who do not understand my love for the Missaroo. I love her with my whole heart and the thought of her being passed up in a shelter because she barks just breaks my whole heart. I love my little buddy Mister as well, but this journey all started the day Missy chose me as her owner.

Well, it's time to check in. I'm hoping to blog about the conference over the next two days but I'm, not sure what the Internet situation is here at the Rio. But you can always follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment