The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Missy and the Mailman

Missy is in love with our mailman Robert. Luckily, he seems pretty darn fond of Missy too. Every time he sees me without her he always asks, "Where's my dog? You taking good care of her?" When he does see Missy he calls for her, not me, and she instantly tries to run in his direction. He even lets her jump into the mail truck where she sits nicely and lets him pet her. ((I really hope he doesn't get in trouble because I'm writing about this)) He's really the best mailman ever. He's friendly, polite, and loves the Missaroo.

Robert recently went on vacation and left poor Missy hanging. I was getting pretty worried as well. She would get excited every time she saw the mail truck pull into the apartment complex just to be disappointed when someone other than Robert got out. Surprisingly, none of the other mail carriers wanted Missy near their trucks.

Yesterday, the two were reunited and it was back into the mail truck for the Missaroo. She sat there nicely while he gave her a pet. As a dogmom, I think it's important that Missy get interaction from the men too, especially since she's no closer to gaining a dogdad anytime soon.

Now you might be wondering why I'm not including Mister in this story. Mister could care less. He never gives people a second look when they stop to give the dogs a compliment or a pet. Missy gets all the attention and puts on a cute little show. Mister rolls around in the dirt and sniffs around for a place to pee until we can move again. This is totally Missy's love affair. As always, Mister and I are just there for moral support.

No comments:

Post a Comment