The Missaroo

The Missaroo
Ready to Take on the World

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Dogs are Pets, Not Science Experiments

As we enter the season of giving, I’m going to make my yearly plea for you to please read the labels of the products you buy and read up on the companies you support. Many companies that produce cosmetics, perfumes, shampoos, ect test on animals. And by animals I mean Beagles. Most people probably think of a rat or mouse when they hear animal testing ((not that I think this makes it any better)) but we are actually talking about Beagles locked in cages who never get so much as a bathroom break. I’ve made the switch myself and it is not easy. As someone who wears makeup every day at work and has a regular appointment with the salon, it was extremely difficult, time consuming, and expensive to make the switch but not impossible. It took a conscience effort but I can now tell you with great pride, from my hair color to my lotion every product I use in my bathroom was only tested on willing participants, not caged dogs. But this was a very long journey as well. I’ve never had the money to ditch all of my products and run out and buy more expensive ones. I did it one foundation and shampoo bottle at a time. I challenge you to replace just ONE item in your cabinet this holiday season and tell ONE friend about it. I would also encourage you to read up on the Beagle Rescue Project and see just how you can save a life this Christmas without even having to step foot in a shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment